Correct image size before you post
I once created a Twitter post with this stylized infinity symbol in it. I learned something important that day. You have to use the correct image size. Otherwise, Twitter may just crop the top & bottom off the image.
The same principle applies to other social media.
Change to 600 x 300 px image
Now, whenever I upload an image to Twitter, I change to image size to 600 x 300 pixels. I do that using a program called GIMP.
Change image size in 10 Steps with GIMP
After you open up GIMP, do this:
- Image > Scale Image to change height to 300 pixels.
- Use Color Picker tool to select most prominent colour from image
- Move yellow colour to background area
- Click on File > New
- Create a 600 x 300 px rectangle
- Click on the image & then Cmd C to copy it into clipboard
- Select 600 x 300 px rectangle & then Cmd V to paste it into centre of rectangle
- Click outside centred image to anchor it
- Give new image a descriptive name with the word “Twitter” in it
- Export as a PNG file.
Image sizes for other social media
- Profile picture: 180 x 180 px
- Business page profile picture: 180 x 180 px
- Business page cover photo: 820 x 312 px.
- Share image recommended upload size: 1200 x 630 px
- Event image: 1920 x 1080 px
- Profile photo: 400 x 400 px
- Header photo: 1500 x 500 px
- In-stream photo: Minimum of 440 x 220 px; I use 600 x 300 px.
- Profile picture: 110 x 110 px
- Square picture: 1080 x 1080 px
- Rectangular picture: 1380 x 1080 px (5:4 ratio)
- Profile picture: 400 x 400 px (minimum)
- Personal background picture: 1584 x 396 px
- Company logo image: 300 x 300 px
- Company cover image: 1536 x 768 px
- Banner image for company page: 646 x 220 px (minimum)
- Header image for Pulse article: 700 x 400 px
- Hero image: 1128 x 376 px
- (You have to have accessed the LinkedIn Career pages to be able to use all of the above.)
- Profile picture: 165 x 165 px
- Image aspect ratio: between 2:3 and 1:3.5. (I use 600 px wide with a maximum height of 1900 px.)
- Minimum size of image: 222 x 55 px
- The fold is the bottom of the first screen. I usually try to make a pin go beyond the fold so that people will scroll down. This will get them more engaged.
- Profile picture: 250 x 250 px
- Cover image: 1080 x 608 px
- Shared image: 497 x 373 px
- Shared video: width of 496 px
- Channel profile image: 800 x 800 px
- Channel cover photo: 2560 x 1400 px
- Video uploads: 1280 x 720 px (minimum)
- Note: videos must maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio. Otherwise there will be black bars along 2 of the sides.
Go to our home page if you need any help with your website.