1. The name Kelowna (meaning grizzly bear in an Aboriginal language) was chosen because
The Aboriginal word for “brown bear” was too difficult to pronounce.
2. The first European settlement took place in the Kelowna area in
3. When Kelowna first became a city in 1905, its population was
4. Three of the buildings from the original 1859 settlement are located in
Father Pandosy Mission Provincial Heritage Site.
5. Geologist tell us that, 10,000 years ago, the ice in the Kelowna area was
One mile thick.
6. How busy is Kelowna International Airport?
10th busiest in Canada
7. The Ogopogo is
a legendary lake monster that reputedly resides in Okanagan Lake
8. The White Queens refers to
The Sternwheelers serving on Northern Okanagan Lake
9. Kalamalka is
A Salish word meaning “lake of many colours”
10. Which river carries the Okanagan Lake water into the Pacific Ocean?
11. What is the average high temperature in July & August?
28 degrees C
12. The tag line on the Kelowna Virtual Assistant website is
13. What kind of pine trees are along the Eagle View & Quail Flume trails?
14. The colonial home in Guisachan Heritage Park operates as a
15. The Lochview Trail spans the distance between Lochview Road &