Why create a landing page?
If you monetize your blog with AdWorks Media, you will create a landing page to promote your offer. Social sites such as Facebook or Instagram tend to block direct links to affiliate offers. By having a special landing page on a new website, you will not be blocked by these social sites.
How to create a landing page in 5 steps
1. Domain name
2. Install WordPress
This blog post tells you how to set up a landing page if you use WordPress. Here’s one web article that will help you set up WordPress.
3. Choose appropriate WordPress theme
In the WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes.
- In this example, there is a theme named Twenty Fifteen.
- Click on theme & then Activate.
- Background image > Select Image
- In our example, the image will be the iPhone you see above. Select a colourful image that will stand out.
- Appearance > Widgets
Widgets will appear in left-hand column in Twenty Fifteen theme. Drag Image and Search widgets from Available Widgets column to Widget area.
- Drag & drop image into Image widget
This is a picture of the landing page. Note that the smartphone on the left is the result of an image that was inserted into the widget.
- 4. Create Caldera form
- Go to a Caldera form blog post
- Create a form similar to picture at top of this post
- You collect no more than name & email address
- Fill in the form & send an email to yourself to make sure everything works
5. Background image
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Background Image
- Select an image that promotes the product you wish to promote
If you want to learn more about how to create a landing page with WordPress, go to this video.