Desktop to Instagram
It’s easy to upload an image from your smartphone to Instagram. However, it takes a bit of study to figure out how to upload a video from your Desktop. At the same time, you want to use some special techniques to get people to watch it.
Let us point you in the right direction.
Short videos with Uplet
Uplet is a program that was developed to help you upload images & short (3 – 60 seconds) videos to Instagram from your desktop. You can go to the App Store and download Uplet. (Costs less than $14.)
Getting started with Uplet
- As you are downloading Uplet from the App Store, you will be asked for Instagram username & password
- They will be saved in your hard drive. You’ll never have to use them again!
- Your videos will be saved as MP4 files. To upload a photo or MP4 file, click on plus sign
- You will get Pictures folder from your hard drive
- Double-click on name of picture or video you wish to upload
- Note that you can upload more than one picture at the same time. You click on a file name, hold down the Shift key, click on the file name of the last picture and press Enter.
- Click Share
- You will get the message “All items were shared successfully”
- Go to Instagram.com.
- You will see the square part of the inside of your picture
- Add comment
- If the event that you do not want your picture to appear as a square, click the rectangle icon near the lower left-hand corner
- Add 2 hashtags
- Press Enter
- You will get another comment box
- Enter about at least 10 hashtags into that comment box.
How to find eleven hashtags for Instagram
- Go to hashtagify.me and enter your main hashtag in the upper right-hand corner
- You will get the most common hashtags that accompany your main hashtag in Twitter
- Go to Google Trends
- See how your main hashtag is trending
- Scroll down & look for related hashtag ideas
- Use hashtags that describe your picture
Learn more about promoting on Instagram
Read the blog post about How to Promote Your Business at No Cost.
Find a particular person’s pictures
In the Instagram search box, enter the person’s username and press Enter.
Animated GIF & Instagram
As of this post, it is impossible to add an animated GIF to Instagram. So, what I do: Using ScreenFlow, I string a number of identical animated GIF snippets together to form a video less than one minute long. Then I export it as an MP4 file. I upload the MP4 file into Instagram. When people click on the picture, it looks like an animated GIF.
See this example.
MP4 files are video files that use the MP4 format. They are widely used for sharing high quality video files on the Internet.
To create an MP4 file with ScreenFlow:
♦ Save your ScreenFlow video after you are satisfied that it is finished.
♦ Click File > Export
♦ Follow the instructions and the MP4 file will be saved to your desktop.
To get your MP4 file into Keynote, you simply drag and drop it into a screen. Then you can surround it with images and text if you wish.